Baking is something I love to do but when spending 9 hours at work and having 2 little munchkins to take care of when I arrive home, makes baking sound as a mission impossible. BUT! I always try to squeeze some baking time on Saturdays and when I mange to do so, I feel so happy and love to share it with you.
Last Saturday, I managed to find some time for baking “Sfouf”.
For those who don’t know “Sfouf”, it’s a Lebanese Curcuma Cake :). It’s so easy and fast to bake.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Semolina or Farkha Flour (not sure what is this called in English 😀 sorry 🙂 )
- 1.5 Cup Milk (liquid)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1 Tbs Curcuma
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbs Baking Powder
- Mix the sugar with the milk and vanilla until the sugar is well dissolved
- Add the semolina or farkha flour and oil and stir well
- Add flour, baking powder, curcuma and salt each one alone and stir well every time you add an ingredient
- Pour the mixture into a pyrex or oven pan greased by Tahinah (sesami oil) or normal oil (I prefer tahinah though)
- Place the almonds on the surface
- Bake in a preheated oven just like a normal cake
Happy Baking ❤